Monday, January 9, 2012

Fancy meeting you here ...

Has it really been a month since I posted? I always meant to, and then something else would come up. Usually a crying child.

We are finally (finally Jesus) coming out the other side of colic. The worst seems to be behind us now, but there were days when I just decided that screaming would be my entire life. Once I settled into it, instead of fighting it, things got much easier. I joined some support groups, talked to some other moms, and generally tramped through. My hair is a lot more gray and John is still no where NEAR an easy baby. But he has dimples ... little itty bitty baby dimples ... and that makes up for a lot.

Otherwise were just prepping for the goodbye. The days are full and the nights are long (sleeping through the night??? Not here!) but everything passes so fast. I look up and a week has gone by and I dont remember it. And Im not even drinking this time.

Ive been spending a lot of time online, substituting Facebook and online interactions for the “real thing”. My goal for this year is to do the exact opposite. Im not happy being a recluse, so even if its easier to chat online I HAVE to get off my ass, dust myself off, and remember who I am.

In the words of someone today - I have to go get a life ... mine .....

No comments:

Post a Comment