I sort of feel like the last week was hitting the max point of stress, and now it seems like things are leveling down.
- After speaking with my midwife again (who is redeeming herself) she assures me that Im getting a lot of information, but Im also getting information on a lot of “if this ...”. Meaning, the info I have is based on IF this happens, THEN this will happen. She let me know that since we look like were on a good track that I need to calm down and trust in my body. She also told me Im high strung, which .... not the first time Ive heard this.
- In a strange way, this really uneasy feeling that Ive had since I started this pregnancy has subsided. I wonder if my tendency to have things found wrong (and then freak out about them) came from my total convincing inside myself that something WAS wrong. Maybe I was giving myself really bad juju. Maybe I should try re-fucking-laxing for a week and seeing if that doesnt promote some healthier living. Body and mind.
All around, its starting to calm down here, as in, Im adjusting. It was harder than I thought at first - I guess I thought wed walk right back into our old life. That was a bit silly, as we are 3 hours and 4 years away from what used to be. But, there are wonderful things in its own right.
- First, I have to stop and realize how blessed I am that Allens been able to be here from the positive test until the birth of this baby. I always figured that it wouldnt matter much if he were around for the pregnancy, but now I realize that (even if we would have done whatever we had to do) it sure has been nice to have him here - especially during the time when everything has been wrong, or been scary, or during the times when we were facing the unknown. I cant speak for how parenting will affect us, but the pregnancy has definitely moved us to a new place in our marriage.
- Yay Blogger for your autosave! I totally clicked off the page, but it was saved.
- Anyhow, we also went to our first official playdate on Wednesday. I approached it cautiously as you really just never know what youll walk into when you do these things. To my pleasant surprise the room was full of mommies who were really cool, everyone got along, the kids were well behaved, and some babies were there too. We are definitely going back next week :)
To wrap it up, this lady was just on Dr. Phil and is definitely winning.