Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bible Study

Doing my very first ever Bible Study with PWOC here at Stewart (this is the kind of shit I get to do when Im not working .... yes, I think Jesus forgives me when I say shit).

I chose the study that focuses on some of the writings of the New Testament, mainly 1,2 and 3 John (fitting ...). Its turned out to be the absolute best thing I could have done.

John is about love. Its about light. Its about forgiveness, loving each other, not holding onto hatred or walking in darkness. It says that we who admit that we have sinned are forgiven  .... no shit. God never expects us to be perfect. He just expects that well say were sorry, that well repent, and that well do better next time.

Its actually all rather easy if you think about it.

Anyhow, as we start closing in on “launch time”, I can say Im ready. Im ready to bring our baby into the world. Were at a good place here at Stewart - met some people that are leading to friendships, with more to come. Were in a good place in our marriage. Nothing is perfect, but Im comfortable with what path were on.

Its good to know that who I was before (as a mom, as a friend, as a wife and as a person) doesnt have to be the person that I am. That its okay to love people, even if they hate me or have done me wrong. That its okay to wake up every morning and resolve to do it better today.

Overall, great lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment